Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Search committee & HR scheduled interviews and generated questions for procurement manager position.
- Huron Representatives visited campus to update progress of FS CFE initiatives, climate, morale and business processes
- Conducted meeting with DCM on CFE issues, budgeting, charge backs and assignment of work. BOSC working on removing charge back concerns; eventual desire is to identify and assign work through one central point (work management office) for both FS and DCM KU Construction.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Met with Director of Student Housing to discuss minor adjustments to SLA; agreed to all proposed changes.
- Participated in campus master plan steering committee meetings.
- Conducted benchmarking visit with KU Medical Center Facilities staff to discuss common issues and areas to collaborate.
- Safety Manager, Steve Levenson, reported to work; set initial expectations and setup meeting with EHS.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Held weekly meeting with Zone Managers, Zone Supervisors, and Central Shop Supervisors to improve communications and workflow between the Zones and Central Shops.
- JOC Contractor (B.A. Green construction) started Zone 6 renovations.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- No new updates.
- Conducted regular meeting on Maximo status; working on loading EZ Max Mobile.