Enhanced Budgeteer Role:
- Implementation of FMW / BudCast expected to provide basis for higher level discussions with budget officers and KU central administration.
- Initial wave of training sessions for budget officers and central staff has been completed; over 80 campus staff have participated.
- A tailored training session has been completed for staff in the CLAS Shared Service Center. While the first wave of training has been completed, specialized training and desk side coaching continue. An additional training session is planned for staff in the CLAS Shared Service Center regarding report distribution.
Redesign KU's Annual Budget Process: encompass all sources of funding
- Status of the FMW/BudCast implementation:
- Continued development on the All Funds Budget template to be utilized in future budget calls
- Working on changes to the Budget and Financial systems to incorporate additional OOE categories into these systems to enable a more robust reporting mechanism for FY 2014.
- IT staff are working on the BudCast web site. Content will include:
- Link providing access to download BudCast
- Link providing access to download BudCast Report Viewer
- Technical FAQ's
- Functional/End User FAQ's
- Production Report Profiles/Screenshots
- Access to Training Documents
- FY 2014 Budget Call
- Budget Officers for deans and vice provosts continue to work on FY 2013 and FY 2014 spending plan summaries
- Discussions have been scheduled by the Provost's Office.
- Fifteen meetings completed as of 04/12/2013
Create Budgetary Incentives: to grow enrollment & sponsored research, rewarding accountability
- No current updates