Enhanced Budgeteer Role:
- Implementation of FMW/ BudCast expected to provide basis for higher level discussions with budget officers and KU central administration.
- Initial wave of training sessions for budget officers and central staff has been completed; over 80 campus staff participated. While the first wave of training has been completed, specialized training and desk side coaching continue.
- A tailored training session has been completed for staff in the CLAS Shared Service Center.
Redesign KU's Annual Budget Process: encompass all sources of funding
- Status of the FMW/BudCast implementation:
- Continued development on the All Funds Budget template to be utilized in future budget calls
- Working on changes to the Budget and Financial systems to incorporate additional OOE categories into these systems to enable a more robust reporting mechanism for FY 2014.
- FY 2014 Budget Call
- Budget Officers for deans and vice provosts continue to work on FY 2013 and FY 2014 spending plan summaries
- Discussions have been scheduled by the Provost's Office; eleven meetings completed as of 03/29/2012.
Create Budgetary Incentives: to grow enrollment & sponsored research, rewarding accountability
- No current updates